THE OH-SO-POPULAR TRENDS OF 2014
Here are some fashion trends that ruled the roost in 2014:
- The French luxury brand was such a stunner all year round that later the brand name got coined as an adjective. Celine, now a word in the fashion vocabulary stands for chic clothing known for clean cuts and minimalist colour schemes yet luxurious fashion. A lot of designers have taken up the trend with the ultra-clean yet chic look.
2. With lace being among the top trends this year, designers embraced them not only on the runway, but also in a riot of bright colours. A perfect component to your summer wardrobe, they screamed warmth and happiness. Designers like DKNY, Preen and Dior showcased lace in an array of colours.
3. It’s time to ditch out the fancy peacocking clothes for the normcore trend has made its mark on the runways this year. Outfits showcased by numerous designers like Hermès, Christopher Kane, Victoria Beckham were not very girly but rather androgynous in nature. With denims and t-shirts, pantsuits blurring the lines between gender defined clothing, it gave a sense of empowerment to women out there who can handle power and responsibility.
4. The land famous for its textiles witnessed a rich variety of fabrics on the runway. Popular fabrics like tweed synonymous to Chanel, tartan, plaid were quite evident throughout Fall Winter’2014.The colours had an earthy appeal with a hint of masculinity in terms of fabric texture. Salvatore Ferragamo, Chanel, Prada were sporting designers of this trend.
Crop Em’ Out
5. The ‘cropped look’ in terms of tops, bottoms or hairstyles for that matter were sold like hot cakes this year. It was all about flaunting those toned mid-ribs. Treated and experimented upon by designers in their own unique ways, the crop look surely led the way for many this year.
I do not own any of the shown pictures.